feedburner

Enter your email address:

Learn About Google Chrome Extensions

Labels:

Recently, Google released a web browser called Google Chrome. This web browser is still being tested and improved. With each day that passes a new application gets developed for the browser. Some of you reading this article have already installed Google Chrome and know all about the extensions. Some of you may have Google Chrome, but have no idea which extensions are good to use and which ones to avoid. The rest of you reading this either did not know about Chrome or just did not care to check it out yet.

What is a Google Chrome Extension?
Google Chrome extensions are the exact same thing as Firefox or Internet Explorer Add-ons. An Add-on is  something extra that you wanted incorporated into the browser that you use. There are thousands of different extensions or add-ons that can be installed with each internet browser. Google Chrome extensions are just indivudual applicaions that run from your browser for easy accesibility or funtionality.

Why you need to know about these extensions:
Due to the fact that so many people are now trying to develop their own extension for Google Chrome, there has been a surge in new applications. This can be good and bad but all-in-all, the good applications or extensions outweigh the bad ones.

If you follow my website you will notice that I usually have lengthy articles with very detailed information about the topic of discussion. I want to inform my readers that I will be adding a Google Chrome Extensions category to this website for easy access to the best Google Chrome Extensions, that I have discovered on the internet. I will be updating this category weekly. However, the articles posted will not be as long as the rest of the content, like you are use to.

In order to write about these extensions, I will be testing out them all personally. The good ones, the bad ones, and even the ugly Google Chrome Extensions will be thoroughly tested on my computers before I post any information about them. Generally, I am a an optimistic guy and will not post about negative things on this website. Due to this being my nature and writing style - I will only be posting the applications that actually work well with the new Google browser.

You may be thinking or asking yourself, "Jay, why won't you tell us about the bad Google Chrome Extensions as well as the good ones?" Well my logic is that generally with the open source ways of the world, if something is not good now - it will or can be in the near future. In my eyes, the application or Chrome extensions may not be up to par for a mention on my website today, but that can easily change with a few updates from the developers.

Last but definitely not least - I want my readers to know that all of the extensions mentioned on this website are not affiliated with Jays Saving Your Money.com in any way. I did not develop these applications or Google Chrome extensions, but I have reviewed them. By review, I mean that I installed them on my computer with my operating system and personally tested them to ensure compatibility and usability.

The reviews and opinions of my Google Chrome Extensions Article Series are my sole opinions and views. None of my opinions should be held as solid fact, and furthermore if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please contact the appropriate developer. My opinions and reviews are valid as of the date of the postings. My opinions are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as if the developers release an important update to the extension that impacts the way that it is or may be used.

To make a long story short, I am writing Google Chrome Extension reviews because I have fell in love with the browser and the applications, extensions, or add-ons that are discussed on this website. I am NOT writing these reviews because someone paid me to or is going to compensate me for my time. (I wish I was being compensated, it would be nice to have some extra $!)


For a quick reference I will post the rating that I grant each extension. I will grade the Chrome extensions on a 1 to 5 scale. I have posted the grading stars below so that you can familiarize yourself with them.










1 comments:
gravatar
Unknown said...
January 28, 2010 at 6:05 PM  

Want to suggest a Google Chrome extension for me to review? Drop me a comment here and let me know what ones are your favorites.

Post a Comment

Please Familiarize Yourself With Our Policies Below: